Friday, May 30, 2008

The Drought Is OVER

Okay - I finally cooked last night. It's been awhile you guys. I mean, AWHILE, like in I can't remember what I made last, as in I have no more room in my fridge for take out containers, as in my husband and my kids were ready to revolt.

Last night, Mike called as usual on his way home and I said "don't stop anywhere to pick anything up because there's Lasagna in the oven. " You know it's bad when his response was "cool, from WHERE?" From my hands, our pantry and our fridge you idiot.

So I made a nice salad with a white truffle and balsamic herb dressing. Garlic bread seasoned with garlic & wine seasoning and sea salt. And my favorite Lasagna (recipe below) with extra mushrooms thrown in and some cheddar cheese mixed in. We had fresh Reineer and Bing Cherries that I picked up at the Farmers Market on Wednesday for dessert.

Mike and the kids were silent and making yummy sounds the whole time. Mike was all like "this is the BEST garlic bread I've ever HAD" and Katie was like "mommy I LOVE LASAGNA!" and Jessica was just silent, pounding down her food with gusto. As I looked at my family, so happy eating this meal I had prepared with love I thought...well that ought to hold em over for awhile, thank goodness. Cooking is exhausting.

No comments: