Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Lately...

I've been off my game. Lost my mojo. Missing the mmmmmm....in Amy. I haven't been in the mood to cook. We all I have the food. In the freezer. But there's no sizzlin, no heat, no spice in my life. Are we still talkin' bout cookin'? In any case, I just haven't been feelin it. My husband, my kids, my waistline are ready to revolt. I mean seriously, how much take out can one family live through? I realized I had hit an all time low when I opened a can of Chunky Vegetable Beef Soup...for myself. Ewww. Something has to change.

Tomorrow night I am making Chicken Marsala from my new favorite cooking website...www.smittenkitchen.com. This chick and her husband cooking amazing food in an 80 sq foot kitchen in NYC and have amazing photos and funny stories, instructions and musings on life. In the mean time, here are some of our favorite take out joints.

Pollo Loco - this is #1 by far. We all love it. Stuff that yummy chicken in those warm tortillas with those great beans inside too. And they have corn on the cob. My girls love any place that has corn on the cob.
Pizza Bell - here's the pizza I made up. It is the best pizza ever. I have some in my fridge right now. NewYork Style (surprisingly this is NOT a thin crust) with pesto sauce, salami, chicken, pineapple, olives, artichoke hearts. Trust me people, just try it. Even my pepperoni and black olive robot husband loves it.
IronWok Chinese - If you live in our town, this just opened about 4 months ago. It's a step down from PF Changs but not a big step down and some dishes are even better. The price is like maybe 1/4 of Puff Daddy Changs.
Spaghetti Factory - They have take out down to a science. Browned Butter & Mizithra Cheese...doesn't get better than that.
Raleys/Bel Air - they have a meal of the day that is 12 bucks, feeds all of us and gives leftovers and is different each day. Tonight was meatloaf, mashed potatoes and gravy and green beans almondine. Oh, and rolls.
Nugget - this is a grocery store that has a prepared foods section that dogs anything I have ever seen. Except maybe EatSees in DC and NYC. (way better than WholeFoods)

I must cook. I must cook. I must cook.

No comments: