Wednesday, March 26, 2008

FAKE IT - Club Med Salad From Raley's

This recipe will only help those of you in California although the principle can be applied to anyone with a fresh deli case at their grocery store. Raley's/Bel Air has this great pasta salad in their fresh deli case called Club Med Pasta Salad. It is in essence, shell pasta, feta, kalamata olives, sundried tomatoes and the BEST creamy pesto cold dressing. I don't like serving premade stuff to company - or my family for that matter. But with the littlest bit of help, this salad goes from ordinary to truly one of the greats. The following recipe serves 4 people as a side dish.

1 lb club med salad from Raley's/Bel Air
1 Diced Tomato
1 Can Regular Black olives (small) NOT KALAMATA
A few fresh basil leaves cut into ribbons (technical term is to chiffonade the basil but cut into ribbons is so much more me even though I love saying "chiffonade" pronounced "shif-oh-nod" in a snooty French accent)
A bit of ground pepper and a tiny bit of sea salt

Stir everything but basil to combine and present in a pretty white bowl with the ribbons of basil on the top.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I´m not in California, but still I think I will be able to create a great dish with your help. I know what you mean when you say that you don´t like to serve ordinary food to your family or in the company, but this is one of those salads that you know can be really fancy and good to complement other meals. This is the king of food that they serve at Club Med, exactly. They won´t give you a cheese hamburger and that´s it, they will give you the best they can prepare and the most complex food.
Now, I´m gonna start making this right away!
Laura